Thursday, November 5, 2009

TWD Sweet Potato Biscuits!

Over the past several years I have developed a MAJOR love of sweet potatoes! Before that time, I would have never, in a million years, chosen to eat a cold sweet potato biscuit. Now, as I sit here and type this, I am eating the last sweet potato biscuit, cold, right out of the fridge before anybody else can get to it :) Yep, I love them all right.

This recipe was simple. So simple in fact I thought for sure I was missing some steps or ingredients. Several times, I had to go back to the recipe and re-read it to make sure I was following it correctly. When the biscuits were cut and ready for the oven, I brushed them with cream and sprinkled them with black pepper. Dorie's recipe did not call for those final steps but I thought they would make a tasty addition.

I do believe I worked my dough just a little too much in making these simple little biscuits. I was expecting them to rise and brown more than they did (especially with the addition of the cream) but this is how they turned out. Sadly, they really didn't look much different baked than they did unbaked.

Even though my biscuits didn't rise or brown as I would have liked, they were very, very tasty!!! We ate them as an accompaniment to leftover chicken noodle soup one evening. What a simple way to elevate a leftover meal and make it something extra special! Very comforting. Even cold :)
This recipe can be found on page 26 of "Baking From My Home To Yours" By Dorie Greenspan.

No comments:

Post a Comment