Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TWD - Cocoa Nana Bread

I have a passion for cooking and baking. What I love the most about cooking and baking is that they allow me to be creative and show my own personality in the food I prepare for family and friends.  If I choose to, I can  follow a recipe to the letter, or I can blaze my own trails and add or subtract ingredients on a whim.  And to think, it all depends on how I'm feeling that particular day.  This day I decided to add toasted walnut pieces and toffee bits into the mix.  It was a very good call if I do say so myself :)





This recipe by Dorie Greenspan is a total winner!  The bake time is long for this particular bread but that only prolongs the enjoyment of the scent wafting through the house.  It has a brownie like taste with an extremely moist consistency. The mild hint of banana doesn't scream breakfast bread at all, it just screams "Eat Me" anytime of the day or night (but don't forget your big tall glass of cold milk)! Dorie's recipe for her "Cocoa Nana Bread" can be found on page 46 of her "Baking From My Home To Yours" cookbook.

My review for this recipe is:  5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I have never considered adding chocolate to banana bread. But now that its been brought to my attention, I will be making this very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--this is a 5 star recipe! I like your additions, nuts make just about anything better.

    ReplyDelete